Fences Calgary | Great Value
Are you looking to build a new fence, or change up your current fence?
A great fence really does bring a yard together in Calgary?
Bedrock Construction specializes in projects that add value to your home and expand upon your living spaces, and what better spot than your backyard?
Or your front yard? Bedrock Construction is a part of the Calgary fence builders community and we love the fence-building process.
We build all kinds of fences, from wood to metal and everything in between. As a building contractor in Calgary and we can also provide design options that suit all sizes and budgets. If you are looking for a Calgary fence development you have come to the right place. We can also give you information about the location of your fence, where the property lines are and how to negotiate with your neighbour if the fence splits your yards.
Your back or front fence has endless possibilities just waiting for you. A new or significantly upgraded fence can add additional living, play, family, or workspace to your home renovation.
Calgary homes are generally designed in such a way that your fence creates a safe yard for your children, pets or anything else that you need protecting. A great fence can also tie into your decking, and provide a nice bump in your resale value without affecting your property taxes.
You can contact us to get a quote today. We are also doing virtual quotes for fences Calgary.
"THE QUALITY IS IN OUR HANDS."
Bedrock Construction consistently delivers a product that exceeds client expectations. Quality is the cornerstone of what we do, who we are and the process we follow. From design to completion, you will see the difference. We want to serve you a product that will stand the test of time.
Fences are an extension of your home and can add tremendous value to the home, if done right. We put the same amount of attention and detail into any type of renovation. You should enjoy the space rather than critique it.
Bedrock Construction has been a part of the Calgary scene for well over 20 years. We have been working with homeowners and businesses from all over the Calgary area. We specialize in home renovations of all shapes and sizes.
Bedrock Construction exhibits a level of excitement that is unsurpassed by most. Their energy and motivations are driven from their need to put smiles on faces and produce a product that will last through the years.
Creating is what Bedrock Construction does best and it is apparent throughout the process. They go that extra mile for their clients and bring a level of creativity to its projects that make
them unique and unlike any other.
Our Experience is Your Experience
We believe in communication, transparency and partnership. Any type of home renovation is a huge undertaking and requires a level of trust and understanding from both parties.
Check out our About Us page to learn about Bedrock Construction and our core values.
Our Core Values Make all the Difference
Our core values were established back in 1991 and were derived from Corrie Massie’s experience as a tile setter.
Much like laying tile, square by square, a successful renovation requires:
1. the tiles to follow a design (organization)
2. the tiles to be spaced and levelled (meticulous)
3. the room to be prepared (clean)
4. the tile setter to complete the job according to specification (accountability)
“Bedrock is more than trades people….they are artists. I have had Bedrock do two bathroom renovations and they re-tiled my basement too, helping shake off some serious seventies vibes across the board. If you need a design collaborator and a skilled company to work with Bedrock is the company to hire.”
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Fence in Calgary?
Prices for fences in the City of Calgary vary greatly, as you would expect. It could be a brand new fence, or a tear out and rebuild, and either way, there is a substantial amount of nuance to each job .
Having said that there is a rough guide we can use based on the type of material that you want for your fence. Typically you are going to be in the $2000 - $8000 dollar range for the average home in Calgary with an average fence. Each different kind of material like cedar, wood, metal, chain link or iron will make the price a little different. Typically the more expensive the material, like wood, and the more custom the design the higher the price.
How Much Does it Cost to Replace a Fence in Calgary?
This will depend on a couple of things.
- What is the reason that the fence is being replaced? If it is just aesthetic then that will help the budget. If the fence is failing because of a shifting yard issue, that may require additional treatment for the new fence.
- What is the removal plan for the old fence?
- What are the materials and finishing designs for the new fence?
This is not a complete list, but it is a few of the questions that will affect the budget on replacing an old fence with a new one.
Do you need a Permit to Build a Fence in Calgary?
Typically a permit is required if any of these conditions apply:
- In the rear yard, it is higher than 2m (6’-6”)
- In the front yard, it is higher than 1.2m (4’-0”)
- Inside a corner visibility triangle, it is higher than 0.75m (2’-6”)
- The gate is higher than 2.5m (8’-2”).
In most situations, a fence doesn't need a building safety approval (building permit). If your design or location does not meet land use bylaw specifications you will require planning approval (development permit).
You can get more information from the City of Calgary Website. Bedrock Construction is also qualified to help you with the entire process, including the information you need to make sure you get the permits you need should you need one.
When Is a good time to Start the Project in a City like Calgary?
Typically a good time to be outside doing this type of work is in the summer. Spring can definitely work, but we still see thawing and ground movement during this time.
What is the Cheapest Fence to Install?
Sometimes people just want the simplest solution. In this case, typically PVC fencing is the cheapest way to go. It also provides a durable solution for your fence.
Will my new Fence affect my Property Taxes?
Typically property taxes are calculated on square footage and the average house price of your neighbourhood. Modest upgrades like a new basement development, a new deck and a new fence dont' raise the property taxes. They do however significantly increase your curb appeal and sale price.
What are the Calgary Fence Options?
There are a number of different Calgary fence options, and making the right choice is critical when it comes to your home and your style.
- Chain Link Fences - These types of fences are very budget-friendly, and they do provide solid security. you can also see through them, which for some who have kids playing in the park next-door can be a requirement for their fence. For others the lack of privacy is a deal breaker, and although there are privacy options with various additions to the fence some people opt for a different style.
- Vinyl Fencing - Vinyl fencing is a great choice for people who really want privacy and still need to watch the budget. These fences (vinyl fences) are great for design-conscious people as well because you can get a lot of different styles and colours. Vinyl Fences also provide the opportunity for change down the road as you can paint them. Vinyl fencing could be a great option for families with kids as well, fence builders will tell you that your new fence will increase your curb appeal for the safety and ease of use for kids.
- Wood Fences - Wood is a classic fence type, and the preferred type of fence for many people. The look and style of wood is second to none (Fences Calgary). Upkeep becomes the only downside, as you will have to repaint the wood or replace it at some point. Experience fence builders like bedrock will use the best fence materials that are available on the market, but wood is wood and will require up keep.
"The Bedrock team is top notch. Working with the team commercially went so well that I invited Bedrock into my home for a home renovation."
"From our initial meeting, it was apparent how detailed Bedrock Construction is. The detail in their contracts give you peace of mind."
"Corrie was a great partner to work with on design as he respected and supported my desire to maintain the mid-century character of my home."