Bathroom Renovation Cost Calgary
So are you looking for a bathroom renovation in the Calgary area and wondering how much it might cost?
How much does the average bathroom renovation cost in Calgary? The cost of a bathroom renovation really does depend on the materials you use and the type of renovation that you are doing. Typically a bathroom renovation is less than a kitchen renovation. For a standard three-piece renovation that includes a new tub, toilet, and sinks the starting is around $6000. If you also upgrading your flooring typically 1000-2000$ is added depending on material and square footage.
Where do the costs come from?
- Plumbing. Obviously, with a new bathroom installation, you will likely need a plumber. The contractor that you hire may or may not be a plumber but if one is needed they will contract one. Although not a requirement for every single renovation if you are moving any of the water lines or drains one will be needed.
- Design. Depending on how much of the design you do, someone will still need to finish the design so that everything meets code requirements and also ends up looking like what you have in your head. This is why professional designers are so critical because they can make a dream a reality.
- Materials. There are a number of subcategories that make up the materials list, but essentially what you choose for your bathroom renovation will make up most of the costs.
A Breakdown of the Costs in smaller pieces.
- Fees for design: 3%
- Fees for installation: 20%
- Fixtures: 14%
- Cabinetry/hardware: 15%
- Countertops: 8%
- Flooring: 10%
- Walls/ceilings: 7%
- Faucets/plumbing: 12%
- Doors/windows: 5%
- Lighting/ventilation: 5%
- Other: 1%
Where Does Calgary Stack up in Comparison to Canada?
The average cost of a bathroom remodel is $10,399. The majority of homeowners spend between $5,964 and $14,868. For a small job you could spend as little as $2,500. You would need $7,000 for updating the essentials in a medium-sized bathroom. On a large or master bath, you could spend $25,000 or more.
Calgary like Vancouver and Toronto are generally more expensive because they are major cities and they are more expensive to live in.
Estimating Bathroom Remodel Costs
As Mentioned about bathroom remodel costs run anywhere from $2,500 to $27,000. Large master baths and ensuites in luxury homes might hit or exceed $50,000.
On average The typical home will spend between $6,000 and $15,000 for a complete remodel that includes tearing out walls, replacing all of the fixtures and appliances (Tub, Shower, Vanity etc).
Generally its a mixture of Labour and materials that will be the majority of your bill. Labour will run you anywhere from 40 to 65 percent and materials will cover the rest minus about 5% for various miscellaneous expenses. The range will really depend on your location. While material pricing doesn’t change much from place to place, a higher cost of living means higher wages.
Determining your bathroom makeover budget can be tricky. Consider the following:
- Square Footage of the room and if the walls/ceiling are involved.
- Location pricing differences. Expect to pay up to 20% more if you live in an area like Calgary with high real estate prices.
- Type of materials. A fibreglass shower surround might run only $300. Custom tile work can easily hit $3,000+.
- Changing the floor plan. Making a bigger bathroom or converting a half bath to a full bath will likely be $5,000+.
- Types of finishes you choose. Make sure your plan and budget include design AND material costs.